Subject: [legalxml-courtfiling] TC charter and proposed "TC status information"

Robin Gibson has asked me to provide an updated version of our charter
to post on the TC website.  I have done so.  I attach both a "clean"
copy of the charter and one with change tracking to show the alterations
I made.  I am copying Karl Best; it may be necessary to have the OASIS
Board approve these changes.

The changes are only the following -

    -    changing "proposal" to "charter"

    -    adding a statement that the TC is intended to be ongoing.  This
is pursuant to a pending proposal that the Legal XML member section
steering committee be composed of the chairs of "long lived TCs" and
three at large Member Section members.  The proposed procedure requires
that the "long lived" nature of the TC be shown in its charter.

    -    correcting the dates for the Boston meeting, and

    -    amending our third procedural rule, per Dwight Daniels' motion
at the first meeting.

Much that is in the charter is incorrect.  The co-chairs have changed.
The subcommittees have changed.  The deliverables and their due dates
have changed (and slipped).  The future meetings have changed.  I do not
believe that it is appropriate to amend the charter to reflect these
changes.  The charter is the official document establishing the TC.  It
was formally approved by the OASIS Board.  I believe it should be
maintained as an historic document, not continually updated to be a
"living" document (with continuing review by the OASIS Board).

Instead, I propose that we provide and regularly update "TC status
information" on our website.  It would contain the names and addresses
of officers and committees.  It would contain the current list of
deliverables.  It would list future meeting dates, sites and sponsors.
It would set forth our operating procedures; I expect that they will all
be incorporated into Roger Winter's procedures document.

I attach a current listing of all this information for your review and
comment. I leave it to Robin Gibson, our webmaster, to decide how it
should be displayed on the website.

I also suggest that updating this information be the responsibility of
the co-chairs, the secretary and the webmaster.  There is no need to
require TC review and approval of all status updates.

Please provide your comments on the revised charter and the proposed
status information by July 25th.

Greacen Associates, LLC.
18 Fairly Road
Santa Fe, NM  87507