Subject: [legalxml-courtfiling] Updated Standard for Specification Testing

Title: Updated Standard for Specification Testing

All:

Attached is the updated Standard for Specification Testing, updated per feedback received on the list during the past week.

I did not find anything controversial about any of the suggestions, so I incorporated all of them. I believe that this is ready for presentation to the Joint Technology Committee July 21st

I would comment that I do feel strongly that the scope of test criteria should not extend beyond the specification being tested.  But, I did add John Messing's suggested statement "unless expressly incorporated from another document."  My feeling is that if a subcommittee wanted to propose incorporating other test criteria from related documents, it would then be up to the TC as a whole during the review for the specification as to whether or not that was something that everyone could live with for a specific specification's test criteria.

Note that I will be out of the office and unavailable July 18th - July 21st, so I will not be able to make any further changes over the next few days.  That should not (hopefully) be necessary.

Thanks for your feedback!  This should be a good basis for specification testing for all of our future TC work products.

Catherine Krause

E-Filing Project Manager

King County Department of Judicial Administration

(206)296-7860

catherine.krause@metrokc.gov

<<Testing Recommendations, v4.doc>>