Subject: [legalxml-courtfiling] Technical Committee leadership

At the meeting of the Integrated Justice Technical Committee, Dave Roberts asked the TC to establish a formal process for regularly reviewing its leadership.  He pointed out that it is good for a group periodically to assess its leaders and decide whether to make a change.

I think this is a very wise approach and will ask the TC to do the same during our face to face meeting in Las Vegas.  I have served as chair or co chair of the work group/Technical Committee for three years now.  I am willing to continue to serve.  But there are others within the TC who could also provide excellent leadership.  In light of California’s strong criticism of the pace of our progress, I think this is a fitting time to evaluate our current leadership.

I propose that we set a one year term of office for chair/co chair and that the term be the calendar year.  Since Mary McQueen has not yet served a full calendar year, I propose that we extend her term through calendar 2003.  I will suggest that we accept nominations for the private co-chair position during the conference call on Thursday and take a vote on the nominated candidates during the Friday conference call.  If there is any doubt about the matter, we can hold a formal vote on the list.

I hope we have a thorough and candid discussion of this issue.

HCR 78, Box 23

Regina, New Mexico 87046

505-289-2164

505-780-1450 (cell)