Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] EFiling Process Models Subcommittee

I will join in this effort and urge the members of the community to actively
participate. Purely technical nor purely court policies and procedures exist
in a vacuum.  Business Policy(fee charging, fee payment...), Security
Policy(trusted partners, arms length...) and Related Telecommunication
Policy all have different Models from which the courts may choose. We must
as a community look at the interactions between these models and their
implications.

Understanding these will prepare us for doing a sound set of requirements
for Court Filing Blue and the specification that result.

Regards,

Don

Donald L. Bergeron
Data & Systems Architect
donald.bergeron@lexisnexis.com

937-865-1276 O

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniels, Dwight (BearingPoint) [mailto:drdaniels@bearingpoint.net]
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 3:54 PM
To: CourtFiling List (E-mail); EFiling Process List (E-mail)

As you have probably seen from John Greacen's summary of the Las Vegas
meeting, the CMS-API subcommittee has undergone a transformation. It is now
the EFiling Process Models subcommittee. I am tasked with composing the
first draft of the statement of work for the subcommittee and disseminating
it prior to the January 6th conference call, but I wanted to take this
opportunity to give you an idea of what the committee's objectives are and
to encourge participation among those interested.

In a nutshell, the committee felt that we needed to get a better
understanding of the various conceptual process models for electronic filing
that exist in the community, document those models and compare them for
commonalities and differences. Through this process we will be seeking to
identify the intersection points among the various models and to evaluate
those points as candidates for APIs to be defined in subsequent work.

The focus of this work is not technical. It is process oriented. As such,
the input and assistance of non-technical practitioners is crucial. The more
we get, the more likely we will be to succeed. I therefore strongly encourge
those who have a vision for what the business process flow (or flows) of
electronic filing should look like to join us in this effort.

Dwight R. Daniels | Manager | BearingPoint | Costa Mesa, CA
Office +1.714.957.4835 | Project +1.714.568.5697 | Mobile +1.805.990.9994
www.bearingpoint.com

**
privileged.  Access to this email by anyone other than the
intended addressee is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this
message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments,
and any copies thereof from your system.