Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] Status of ECF 3.0

I have been watching the progress of the work and the quality of the resulting product. I am indeed proud of how far the team has come in both the output and the quality of the thinking that has gone into it. It was a very aggressive target. But, it was approached with solid methods and tons of elbow grease. Well done.

Regards,

Don

Donald L. Bergeron
Systems Designer
LexisNexis
donald.bergeron@lexisnexis.com
O 937-865-1276
H 937-748-2775
M 937-672-7781

From: John M. Greacen [mailto:john@greacen.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 9:15 AM
To: Electronic Court Filing Technical Committeee
Subject: [legalxml-courtfiling] Status of ECF 3.0

Your co-chairs and the reporters have been working feverishly over the past two weeks to complete the UML domain models and mapping spreadsheets for ECF 3.0 for presentation to the Joint Tech Committee on July 10th.

We have completed the models and spreadsheets, including the case specific data for all six case types – bankruptcy, civil, criminal, domestic relations, juvenile, and traffic.  We have also completed the mapping for the UBL payment information, for the service messages, and for the query messages.  Scott Came will prepare a document displaying the element definitions we created in the course of the UML modeling.

We have not yet prepared the actual GJXDM subset and extension schemas.  It does not seem an appropriate use of our resources to prepare the schemas before the TC has fully vetted the domain models and element mappings.

We have prepared a draft Word document following the GIEPD format guidelines for transmitting these artifacts to the Joint Tech Committee.

Tom Clarke and I are painfully aware that it has taken so long to prepare these materials that there is no longer any way for the TC as a whole to review them in a meaningful way prior to their submission to Joint Tech.  Consequently, I have included language in the submission document stating that what is being presented is the product of a drafting committee, not of the TC itself.  This is the language on the cover of the report:

This is a draft document prepared by a Drafting Committee of the Electronic Court Filing Technical Committee.  While the architecture and structure, and major portions of the domain models and element mappings for ECF 3.0, have been reviewed by the full Technical Committee, the entire product presented in this Draft has not been reviewed or approved by the full Technical Committee.

I regret that the timing of this has not allowed for a more ordered process of TC review and approval.  I believe, however, that you will be proud of the product we are presenting.

HCR 78 Box 23

Regina, New Mexico 87046

505-289-2164

505-289-2163 (fax)