Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] Comment period for existing artifacts

To the extent of time available I have scanned through the documentation in the diagrams for the Court filing blue materials in the archive.  There has been very substantial progress and maturing of both the model in the documentation.  The allocation of resources to the items described below should be to the extent possible carried on by members not on the core team.  Their focus should be to go forward in relating these to the profiles in the nonfunctional requirements.

Artifact under review Domain Model Documentation

·         General -- I'm assuming that all items satisfy this definition needed will need to be assigned and covered by the team.  Since many of them in that state are actually reused artifact sets such as person I believe that the definitions in those cases would be to just set the reused objects into context within the model. The partitioning of this task should be along the lines of those definitions that require court domain expertise and those who require technical domain expertise.

·         development policy parameters -- I like but has been done here.  However, we should look at our use of plurals in the names specifically the use of the singular form on supported profile.  Although not initially, I would expect that courts will be forced over time to support more than one profile.

·         Fiduciary case information -- since there are fiduciary responsibilities for attorneys and for a corporate officers in potentially employees as well has up or fiduciary relationships the use of this term of art in such a narrow case may be problematic.

·         Marriage information -- I hate to say this I believe we need to change the name of marriage information to domestic legal relationship.  Further, I believe we need to carry a domestic legal relationship classification.  This will be especially true in states where marriage and domestic partnerships are legally supported within the same legal jurisdiction but with different acknowledgment of rights between the parties.

·         General -- consider, not in this case but in future use to add cardinality to this section.  For example my comment about supported profile versus supported profiles the documentation of the cardinality at this level would reduce ambiguity.

Blue GJXDM mapping spreadsheet

·         General -- I see that here you pick up the cardinality for the different items.  This may be sufficient although from a user documentation standpoint we need to consider the question whether or some parts of the audience may only read a subset of the documentation artifacts and be misled.  Note -- I am more comfortable with this documentation approach of this time.

·

Regards,

Don

Donald L. Bergeron