Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] Comment period for existing artifacts

Thanks, Don.  Allow me to summarize your comments in terms of changes to the artifacts...please check whether I have it right:

1.  Many types and elements in the domain model have not been given definitions.  This should be pursued by the TC as a medium-priority task (i.e., needs to be done, but shouldn't derail us).  Some definitions will require domain expertise; others will require technical expertise.

SC comment: Solicit domain expert input from the TC...any volunteers for this task?

2.  Suggest renaming of classes DevelopmentPolicyParameters and RuntimePolicyParameters in the CourtPolicy diagram to remove the plurals.

SC comment:  In general I agree that classes should have singular names, and plurality should be addressed with cardinality, but in this case, we've lumped a number of parameters into a single class (DevelopmentPolicyParameters), so the name seems appropriate.  Like the java.util.Properties class in Java.  Suggest discussion on a conference call.

3.  Suggest changing cardinality of associations between CourtPolicyMessage and the two "parameters" classes (DevelopmentPolicyParameters and RuntimePolicyParameters) to 1..*.  This will effect allowing courts to have multiple profiles.

SC comment:  I agree with the spirit of the suggestion, but would recommend we accomplish it by adding an intervening class, called CourtPolicy, that is 1..1 with the two "parameters" classes, and 1..* with the message.  This more neatly encapsulates the concept I think you're after.

4.  Suggest changing name of class FiduciaryCaseInformation in the CivilFiling diagram to something that avoids a narrowly-defined legal term of art.

SC comment:  OK.  Suggested alternatives?  We'll need domain expert input.

5.  Suggest changing name of MarriageInformation in the DomesticFiling diagram to DomesticLegalRelationship.

SC comment:  Seems reasonable to me as a non-expert.  Need domain expert input.

6.  Suggest adding cardinality information for each attribute and association in the documentation.html file.

SC comment:  This will be easy to do, and I'll do it.