Subject: Timestamps

Jim, et al,

Authorized Timestamp

The document that I posted on 9/26/2005 contains this working definition of what I have called 'Authorized Timestamp' (call it what-you-will).

The time when a user approved (released) a filing to be sent to the FilingReview process.

As we discussed on the conference call, this value could be generalized and made applicable to all messages.  In that case, a generalized definition might be:

The time when a user or process approved (released) this message data to be transmitted to a recipient MDE.

The important aspect of the definition, it that we understand this value is not synonymous with 'MessageAssembled timestamp'  (n/a), 'MessageSent timestamp',  or 'MessageReceived timestamp', although, in some systems, these timestamps might all be equal.

FilingReviewedTimestamp

In that 9/26/2005 document, I suggested that we should have a place to express the time at which a clerk decided to accept or reject a filing.   In that 9/26/05 document, I proposed this draft definition of FilingReviewedTimestamp:

The time when the FilingReview process (or user) decided that the filing was to be accepted or rejected (or, when it decided that the filing could not be reviewed at all)

We did not discuss this proposed value in today's conference calls, but, to be honest, I think there would've been little support for this value - it is more of a 'nice to know' than a 'need to know'.

But WAIT!!....  I think it might be a freebie:

If we agreed to make 'Authorized Timestamp' a member of *all* of our messages...
...and also agreed to the functional definition I proposed above (or something akin to it)...

....then the FilingReview_Callback message's 'Authorized Timestamp' would represent the 'FilingReviewedTimestamp'.   We would have our bases covered.

How's that sound?
- Shane Durham