Subject: Status of ECF 3.0

We just completed our final conference call on ECF 3.0 at least for this stage of the process.

During the call we agreed on changes to both of the messaging profiles.  Jim Cabral will post second revisions of both of those profiles.  Those will be the documents on which the KAVI vote will be taken.

We made major changes to the Summary and Introduction – dividing it into two separate documents.  The first will focus on the business case for the specification; its audience is the Joint Technology Committee.  The second document will be a road map to the specification and its artifacts; its audience will be court domain experts reviewing ECF 3.0 to make sure that all of the data elements needed for docketing filings and opening new cases are included.

I will cancel the current ballot on KAVI for the Summary and Introduction and post a new one referring only to the Executive Summary.  The revised Executive Summary document will be posted by late today or tomorrow.  The roadmap will be prepared for final approval at our December 8-9 face to face in Las Vegas.

Each voting member of the TC should have received messages alerting them to the existence of the five KAVI ballots for the ECF 3.0 specification and its accompanying signature and messaging profiles.  You will be getting an additional message for the executive summary.

HCR 78 Box 23

Regina, New Mexico 87046

505-289-2164

505-289-2163 (fax)