Subject: RE: [SPAM:] - RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] Results of SF face to face meeting 2-22-06 - Email has different SMTP TO: and MIME TO: fields in the email addresses

Christopher and John,

Superior Court and the Clerk of the Court here in Maricopa County are
starting to have discussions about electronic filing and Child Support
cases.  Here the State Department of Economic Security is a major party
in Family Court Cases.  We will be working with both the Department and
the Arizona Attorney General's Office to see how we can take advantage
of electronic filings and notices from the Court back to them.

From a practical standpoint from a Courts and Clerks perspective, the
most can be gained the fastest dealing with the people who file the most
documents with you.  For this reason Criminal cases and Child Support
cases have a lot of interest to us.

Dave

David Goodwin
Maricopa County ICJIS
Business Project Manager

From: Smith, Christopher [mailto:Christopher.Smith@jud.ca.gov]
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 9:35 AM
To: John Messing; john@greacen.net;
legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Electronic Court Filing Technical Committeee
Subject: [SPAM:] - RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] Results of SF face to face
meeting 2-22-06 - Email has different SMTP TO: and MIME TO: fields in
the email addresses

John:

I am probably stepping out of my realm of expertise here, but as I
understand it our state's Department of Child Support Services is one of
the biggest filers in our courts.  It is also a controlled group because
all child support must go through this agency rather than from the
father directly.  And, therefore, any time there is a change in child
support, a jurisdictional change, or other amendment that requires a
findings and orders, it must be submitted to a trial court. These
parents may primarily be served by US mail now, but I suggested that it
might be interesting to find out if some Child Support Services groups
are doing much primary (or personal) service.

Having said that, I also asked the National Center to find out if there
is any agency or state interested in pursuing electronic primary
service.  If there is no potential customer at this time, this issue
should probably be pushed back to a later edition while we gain some
implementation experience.

Christopher Smith
Senior Business Systems Analyst
Information Services Division
Judicial Council of California - Administrative Office of the Courts
455 Golden Gate Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94102-3688
415-865-7416, Fax 415-865-7497, christopher.smith@jud.ca.gov
www.courtinfo.ca.gov <http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov>