Subject: RE: [SPAM:] - [legalxml-courtfiling] Proposal for additional timestamp element(s) - Email has different SMTP TO: and MIME TO: fields in the email addresses

This looks good to me John. I can report that from Maricopa's perspective these definitions are clear, and could be easily incorporated into our implementation as we do track both timestamps.

George W. Knecht
eFiling Program Manager
Direct: (602) 506-1090
Clerk of the Superior Court

From: John M. Greacen [mailto:john@greacen.net]
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 8:00 PM
To: legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org

After mulling over the discussion in Las Vegas, I have concluded that two different use cases were presented and that, for the purpose of semantic clarity, we should add two different date/time pairs to ECF 3.01 to address them.  The two use cases are:

-           the time of completion of the review filing process – a request presented by Shane Durham.  Shane reported that some LexisNexis clients wish to be able to report the time at which court staff completed their review of a proposed filing and sent it the court record MDE for filing or rejected it.

-           the time that the docket entry for the filing was entered into the CMS – a requirement that I reported for federal courts.  The Federal Rules of Procedure sometimes use the EOD date (entered on docket date) to calculate the deadline for a response or other action (such as filing a notice of appeal following entry of judgment).

Robert O’Brien pointed out that these two functions may be performed by different staff persons at different times.  The discussion also noted that neither of these timestamps may correspond with be the official filing date and time.

Consequently, I suggest that we add two date/time pairs, defined as follows, to the return filing information message:

reviewFilingCompletionDate – the date on which the review filing process was completed by transmitting a proposed filing to the court record MDE for filing or by returning it to the filer as rejected

reviewFilingCompletionTime -- the time of day on which the review filing process was completed by transmitting a proposed filing to the court record MDE for filing or by returning it to the filer as rejected

enteredOnDocketDate – the date on which an entry in the docket or register of action in the court CMS was completed for a filing

enteredOnDocketTime – the time of day on which an entry in the docket or register of action in the court CMS was completed for a filing

The cardinality for all four elements would be 1 or 0.  I leave it to Jim Cabral to construct the correct GJXDM mapping for these new elements.

I look forward to comments on this proposal.

HCR 78 Box 23

Regina, New Mexico 87046

505-289-2164

505-289-2163 (fax)