Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] 4.0 & Niem NMDR

I believe this would be a fruitful discussion for subsequent to 4.0,
which is on the glide slope for a release this year. I could see the
committee could ask for a volunteer before that. I would contact John
Greacen for this to be a short topic at the next face to face.

Regards,

Don

Donald L. Bergeron
Global Architect
LexisNexis
donald.bergeron@lexisnexis.com
937-865-1276 (office)
937-748-2775 (home)
937-672-7781 (mobile)

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Rutkowski [mailto:trutkowski@verisign.com]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 11:23 AM
To: Clarke, Thomas; Bergeron, Donald L. (LNG-DAY);
legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Tom, Don,

In the ISO SC27 security standards body, there is an
emerging discussion of developing standards for the
trusted exchange of evidence for judicial purposes.
In many ways, this seems like a kind of specialized
implementation of legal XML work that would invoke
profiles for evidentiary requirements/rules as well
as types.

Is this a subject that has been discussed in the
court filing efforts?  Is it a topic on which there
might be interest in undertaking a joint effort with
SC27?

best,
tony