Subject: 2010 Budget Process

Hello all,

At the last steering committee conference call, just before the Thanksgiving week, we basically got the "use it or lose it" talk from the OASIS folks.  They were, of course, nicer and more precise than that, but that was the basic message.  The money that is already in the LegalXML MS account is not in jeopardy, but if we don't have a solid, demonstrated need for it, we stand to have much less than the typical 35% of dues credited to our account in 2010.  We have some fairly tight deadlines coming up and will need to make some decisions before our next regularly scheduled call.

Dec 7th the LegalXML MS SC will have another conference call to approve a budget request
Dec 10th deadline to get budget to OASIS

If you have any ideas about what our TC should be doing in the next year (that cost money) please get them to me ASAP, Wednesday at the latest.

I will facilitate this process as best I can, but I don't have the time or background to do much more than that.

Here are the ideas that I'm aware of so far:
The presentations and webinar would take significant TC member time to make happen.  Is anyone willing to step forward to produce the content?

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Eastman
erice@doxpop.com
http://www.doxpop.com
765.965.7363  x104
765.962.9788 (Fax)
Doxpop - Public Records at Your Fingertips.