Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] Legal XML Member Section Steering Committee: Available Funds etc.

I apologize for the delay in responding.  MTG has a current contract for a very limited amount of technical assistance – I believe the funds for those are already in the Member Section budget.

However, I just spoke to DV Rao at VistaSG and both Florida and Vermont appear to be proceeding with implementations of ECF4.  Vermont in particular may be interested in technical assistance.  DV will speak to Melvin Cox with the Florida Clerk’s Association and let him know that assistance funding is available. Jim Harris, isn’t NCSC currently helping Vermont?  Do you know who we should talk to there to offer assistance?

Jim Cabral
MTG Management Consultants, L.L.C.
www.mtgmc.com
(206) 442-5010 Phone
(502) 640-4970 Mobile

Helping our clients make a difference in the lives of the people they serve.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

From: O'Brien, Robert [mailto:Robert.OBrien@cas-satj.gc.ca]
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2010 5:40 PM
To: legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org

We had a Legal XML Member Section Steering Committee conf call the other day. Again it was stated that the E-Notarization TC is winding down and will close up shop, leaving us in the Court Filing TC as the only ones lefty in the Member Section  ....

The attached budget was given to us. As you can see, there are a lot of funds available. It was stressed that OASIS as a non-profit body will have to take back the monies if we don’t spend them. We are now in the 2nd quarter of the year and haven’t actually spent anything yet!

I was asked if there are any more MTG contracts that will need payment from these funds?  Jim C?

Dee Schur of OASIS who sits on our Member Section committee asked if someone in our TC could give her some leads about upcoming conferences, workshops or other activities where Legal XML might set up a booth or establish some sort of presence in order to raise visibility and perhaps recruit new TCs (e.g. they may try to get the “E-Warrant” folks to join Legal XML, or make overtures to E-Gov). I gave her the lowdown on the two E-Courts conferences later this year and the NACM ones as well. She wonders about NIEM and any other conference or workshop ideas. Robin GJim H?

George K: the steering committee members are really anxious to have you take over from Rolly Chambers who is acting as chair, and are more than willing to change meeting times to accommodate you being in the Pacific time zone.

All: please think of proposals to expend these available funds or they’ll go to someone else in OASIS ….

Robert O’B