Subject: Technical assistance to ECF implementers

ECF TC:

At the last TC call, I was asked to contact various courts known to be implementing standards-based e-filing to ascertain their interest in receiving technical assistance from the TC.  Here is a summary of the responses thus far:

-          Florida - I’ve spoken with Melvin Cox with the Florida Association of Court Clerks. The FACC may be interested in a technical review of their e-filing portal (under development by Vista SG) for compliance with the specifications as well as help with their outreach and education efforts to the filing community (including the Bar).

-          Vermont - I’ve spoken with Rick Conklin with the Vermont Judiciary.  He would be glad to help us gather lessons learned for future implementers.

-          Colorado – I’ve received an email response from Bob Roper with the Colorado Courts asking for more information on the funding that is available.

-          Arizona – I’ve received an email response from Jim Price with the Arizona Courts.  We are going to try to connect via phone to discuss the prospects.

-          New Jersey – I have sent an email to Bob Roper with the New Jersey Courts.

So, the answer to the question of whether courts are interested in assistance from the TC appears to be tentatively “yes”.  It would be good if, at the next TC call and/or steering committee call, we could get a feel for what portion of the available funds might be available for these engagements.

James E. Cabral Jr., Senior Manager

MTG Management Consultants, L.L.C.

1111 Third Avenue, Suite 3010

Seattle, Washington 98101-3292

www.mtgmc.com

(206) 442-5010 Phone

(502) 640-4970 Mobile

(206) 442-5011 Fax

jcabral@mtgmc.com

Helping our clients make a difference in the lives of the people they serve.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.