Subject: [public review comments] TC Admin comments on ECF v4.01, Web Services SIP v2.01, Portable Media SIP v2.0

Members of the LegalXML Electronic Court Filing TC,

TC Administration provides the following comments for the public
review of the above Committee Specification Drafts. Comments are
divided between fixes required to conform to the TC Process
requirements and general observations. The public review was announced
in http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201110/msg00001.html

* Electronic Court Filing Version 4.01, Committee Specification Draft
02 / Public Review Draft 02

Required:
- Please rename the schema file /xsd/casetype/ECF-4.0-CitationCase -
original.xsd to remove the space characters in the name. Spaces are
not allowed characters in our filenames. (This appears to be the only
filename with this issue.)

Please clarify:
- In the /xsd/ subdirectory, the subdirectories /xsd/constraints,
/xsd/original/ and /xsd/Subset/ appear to have duplicate niem
subdirectories. These subdirectories appear to have large portions of
NIEM reproduced and include directories mentioning ansi, the fbi,
fips, iso, etc. Is there a real need to reproduce these here rather
than reference them in the specification? Having local copies could,
in time, confuse what the authoritative versions of these are for the
purposes of implementing ECF 4.0. More importantly, could it leave the
TC and possibly OASIS open to complaints that we have co-opted
copyrighted material from another source?

Please clarify whether there is a genuine need to reproduce these in
the specification, whether there is a need for the duplicate niem
subdirectories, and whether there is any risk in including these as
part of the specification.

General:
- ZIP file with work products contained a number of system-generated
files such as "desktop.ini." We discarded those from this review copy.
Please try to avoid including those in future submissions.

- In the Normative References section, the current version of UBL is
2.1 and the citation for that is:
[UBL-2.1] Universal Business Language Version 2.1 30 May 2011.
Committee Specification Draft 02 / Public Review Draft 02.
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/prd2-UBL-2.1/UBL-2.1.html

* Electronic Court Filing 4.0 Web Services Service Interaction Profile
Version 2.01, Committee Specification Draft 03 / Public Review Draft
02

General:
- ZIP file contained one system file
"~$f-v4.0-webservices-v2.01-spec-cd01.doc". We discarded from this
review copy. Please avoid those in future submissions.

* Electronic Court Filing 4.0 Portable Media Service Interaction
Profile Version 2.0, Committee Specification Draft 03 / Public Review
Draft 02

General:
- ZIP file contained one system file
"ECF-4.0-PortableMediaProfile.xsd~" in
..\ecf-v4.0-portablemedia-spec\xsd. We didn't remove it from the
folder but will. Please avoid these in future submissions.

Comments respectfully submitted on 17 November 2011.

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-378-3472