Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] [public review comments] TC Admin comments on ECF v4.01, Web Services SIP v2.01, Portable Media SIP v2.0

ECF TC:

I made minor changes to the ECF specifications on Kavi in response to the feedback received from the TC administrators yesterday.  Please see my notes (marked JEC) below for details.

Jim Cabral
MTG Management Consultants, L.L.C.
www.mtgmc.com
(206) 442-5010 Phone
(502) 509-4532 Mobile

Helping our clients make a difference in the lives of the people they serve.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

-----Original Message-----
From: legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Chet Ensign
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2011 11:50 AM
To: legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: TCA; Anne Hendry; Paul Knight; Robin Cover

Members of the LegalXML Electronic Court Filing TC,

TC Administration provides the following comments for the public review of the above Committee Specification Drafts. Comments are divided between fixes required to conform to the TC Process requirements and general observations. The public review was announced in http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201110/msg00001.html

* Electronic Court Filing Version 4.01, Committee Specification Draft
02 / Public Review Draft 02

Required:
- Please rename the schema file /xsd/casetype/ECF-4.0-CitationCase - original.xsd to remove the space characters in the name. Spaces are not allowed characters in our filenames. (This appears to be the only filename with this issue.)

JEC: I removed ECF-4.0-CitationCase - original.xsd and ECF-4.0-CitationCase-110609.xsd

Please clarify:
- In the /xsd/ subdirectory, the subdirectories /xsd/constraints, /xsd/original/ and /xsd/Subset/ appear to have duplicate niem subdirectories. These subdirectories appear to have large portions of NIEM reproduced and include directories mentioning ansi, the fbi, fips, iso, etc. Is there a real need to reproduce these here rather than reference them in the specification? Having local copies could, in time, confuse what the authoritative versions of these are for the purposes of implementing ECF 4.0. More importantly, could it leave the TC and possibly OASIS open to complaints that we have co-opted copyrighted material from another source?

Please clarify whether there is a genuine need to reproduce these in the specification, whether there is a need for the duplicate niem subdirectories, and whether there is any risk in including these as part of the specification.

JEC: I removed the original directory.  I left both the Subset and constraint directories because NIEM IEPDs should contain both the unconstrained and unconstrained NIEM subsets.

General:
- ZIP file with work products contained a number of system-generated files such as "desktop.ini." We discarded those from this review copy.
Please try to avoid including those in future submissions.

JEC: I have removed those in the past.  Unfortunately, Windows often silently recreates them.

- In the Normative References section, the current version of UBL is
2.1 and the citation for that is:
[UBL-2.1] Universal Business Language Version 2.1 30 May 2011.
Committee Specification Draft 02 / Public Review Draft 02.
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/prd2-UBL-2.1/UBL-2.1.html

JEC: I revised the references to UBL in the specification and the import statements in ECF-4.0-PaymentMessage.xsd and ECF-4.0-PaymentReceiptMessage.xsd

* Electronic Court Filing 4.0 Web Services Service Interaction Profile Version 2.01, Committee Specification Draft 03 / Public Review Draft
02

General:
- ZIP file contained one system file
"~$f-v4.0-webservices-v2.01-spec-cd01.doc". We discarded from this review copy. Please avoid those in future submissions.

JEC: ok

* Electronic Court Filing 4.0 Portable Media Service Interaction Profile Version 2.0, Committee Specification Draft 03 / Public Review Draft 02

General:
- ZIP file contained one system file
"ECF-4.0-PortableMediaProfile.xsd~" in
..\ecf-v4.0-portablemedia-spec\xsd. We didn't remove it from the folder but will. Please avoid these in future submissions.

JEC: I removed this file.

Comments respectfully submitted on 17 November 2011.

/chet
Chet Ensign
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-378-3472