Subject: RE: NIEM Codes and OASIS

Jim –

If a new specification is developed, wouldn’t you have the same problem that you have with genericode now?  It would not yet be supported by most tools.  Unless I’m missing something here (which is not out of the realm of possibility), it appears there must be some other reason the NTAC doesn’t want to use genericode.  Are they thinking a new specification could more readily be supported by other tools?

--Jim H

From: legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of James E Cabral
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2014 13:57
To: legalxml-sc
Cc: legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [legalxml-courtfiling] Fw: NIEM Codes and OASIS

LegalXML Steering Committee:

FYI.  There is interest in the NIEM Technical Architecture Committee (NTAC) in developing a new specification for the management of code lists as an alternative to both XML schema which is not robust enough and Genericode which is not supported by most tools. Any developments in this area would be of interest to the ECF TC and likely other LegalXML TCs.  I am encouraging the NTAC to partner with OASIS n this area.  I will let you know what develops.

__