Subject: Re: Public Review/Comment of Requirements?

Just one addition...  You do need to request a starter document / template as we have a format for Committee Notes. Then follow steps 1 through 4.

/chet

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 4:13 PM, James E Cabral <jec@mtgmc.com> wrote:
Chet,

I had to look up “Committee Note”.  Here are the relevant definitions from the TC Process.
------
  1. "Committee Note" is a Non-Standards Track Work Product that has been approved by a Technical Committee as specified in Section 3.3.
  2. "Committee Note Draft" is a Non-Standards Track Work Product approved by a Technical Committee as specified in Section 3.1.
  3. "Committee Note Public Review Draft" is a Committee Note Draft that has been approved by the TC to go to public review as specified in Section 3.2 of this Process.
  1. "Non-Standards Track Work Product" is a Work Product produced and approved by a TC in accordance with the TC Process which may be progressed to Committee Note as described in Section 3. Non-Standards Track Work Products are intended to be informative and explanatory in nature. They are not subject to the patent licensing and non-assertion obligations requirements of the OASIS IPR Policy.
Non-Standards Track Work Products may directly be approved as Committee Notes by the Technical Committees via a Full Majority vote.

Public reviews are optional for Committee Notes. If a TC wishes to conduct public reviews before approving a Committee Note, the same procedures for approving a Committee Specification (as outlined in section 3.1, section 3.2 and section 3.3) and a similar terminology used for the intermediate drafts of the Committee Specifications (i.e. Committee Note Draft and Committee Note Public Review Draft) must be followed.

Note that a Committee Note is never progressed as an OASIS standard.

After approving a Committee Note, a Technical Committee may notify the TC Administrator for publishing the Committee Note to the OASIS Library and announcing its publication to the OASIS membership.

--------

So, assuming we want to follow your recommended process, the document need not follow a prescribed format.  We jus need to:

1.  Approve the requirements document (by full majority vote) as a “Committee Note Public Review Draft” ,
2. Submit a 30 day public review request including a list of external stakeholders who should be notified,
3. Collect all public feedback through the comments list, and
4. Track and respond to all comments received.

Is that right?

__
Jim Cabral
502 509-4532