Subject: File Transmission @@2572

Hello Dr. Leff,

I just received your paper mail today (it went to my Sun mailstop
which I rarely visit as I work from home). Your mail says it was CC:'d
to ndw@nwalsh.com, but I don't find any record of that message. I just
got back from two weeks vacation so I suppose I could have missed it
in the deluge that comes after being disconnected for 12 days.
Apologies if I missed it.

I skimmed through your evaluation and it looks pretty good.

I think the short answer is, yes, you could extend DocBook to add the
markup that you need for legal documents (and remove markup that you
don't need). DocBook has been designed from the start to support this
sort of customization.

I would personally, and I'll volunteer the TC as well :-), be very
willing to work with you to create a customization layer for this
purpose if you choose to build your language on top of DocBook.