Subject: FW: LegalXML eNotary Update

Here are a few comments I received from the co-chair of the MISMO eMortgage Workgroup after he reviewed our draft workproduct.

Just a few items to consider as we move forward.

Mark Ladd

PRIA Technology Coordinator

262-498-0850

mladd@pria.us

From: Lira, Abdias [mailto:Abdias.Lira@wolterskluwer.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 10:28 AM
To: Mark Ladd
Cc: HGardner@mortgagebankers.org
Subject: RE: LegalXML eNotary Update

Mark,

This looks better than the previous proposal. For SMART Doc®, we could use what they are calling the “e-notary element” alternative.

Here are some comments:

1.       The proposed structure is invisible to the end-users. There seems to be no provision for how to display the certificate on the body of the document or how to link the proposed e-notary structures with the appearance of the certificate and notary signature in the body of the document.

2.       If I understand this correctly, it seems that they are making the assumption that the notary signature is always going to be embedded in the certificate structure. Some document formats, like PDF, have their own signature objects. There should be a way to link the certificate to a signature object in the document for the notary’s signature. In sdv3 we are doing that in a indirect way by having the NOTARY_SIGNATURE_FIELD definition point to both the signature field as well as to the certificate field.

3.       There is no provision on how to merge the notarial act data with the statutory language. I understand that the language does not stand by itself. It is either a template or it filled out. If it is filled out, then there should be a way to identify the locations of the various fields in it. We talked about this in one of our recent sdv3 meetings.

Thanks.

Abdias Lira
Principal Software Architect
Software Product Development