Subject: RE: [legalxml-enotary] FW: LegalXML eNotary Update

The comment assumes that signatures will be effected with a PKI digital
signature. Two thoughts.

1. The PKI digital signature use case is excluded from the standard
because of the ghost patent PKI Arcanvs e-notary patents and the OASIS
and TC IPR policies, but the use could be easily recreated around the
standard as extensions because the technology methodologies are
derivative of W3 Digsig, which was based primarily but not exclusively
on PKI certificate usage. Remember, this is what threw me off when
Arshad first released the deliverable.

2. Graphic representations of valid or invalid signatures are part of
the application GUI and so the comments really don't apply with regard
to iconic representations in Acrobat.

This is a fundamental problem of communicating in this space. People use
terms that are associated with a culture's expressions surrounding
technology issues rather than a technology itself.

So determining relevancy of the comment and fashioning an appropriate
reply that is both diplomatic and honest are the challenges.

Should be interesting.