Subject: RE: [legalxml-enotary] [FWD: Uniform Unsworn Foreign Declarations Act]

John,

It was my understanding that the federal courts accept unsworn declarations.  If this is correct I think the eNotary TC should continue on its current path of including these in our scope.

Mark Ladd
Addison/One, LLC
262-498-0850

mark.ladd@addison-one.com

-----Original Message-----
From: John Messing [mailto:jmessing@law-on-line.com]
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 1:11 PM
To: legalxml-enotary@lists.oasis-open.org

NCCUSL is not going to do anything domestically with unsworn declarations under penalty of perjury that are domestic (within the US).
Does this affect the need to have unsworn declarations in the enotary 1.0. Should we encourage SciTech to require it if this is possible, or just "go with the flow"? This could affect our scope.