Subject: RE: [legalxml-enotary] Groups - ENML Security Implications v1.2 (ENML-Security-Implications-v1.2.pdf) uploaded

I have finally had the opportunity to review the security document.  First, let me commend Arshad for his efforts in this regard.  Much thought and effort went into the drafting of this paper.

In my opinion, this document deals with some of the controversial policy issues that are currently being debated at many levels.  To-date the eNotary TC has focused on XML technology, avoiding policy debates whenever possible.  I believe the debate needs to take place but personally, I do not think the LegalXML eNotary standard and supporting documentation is the proper venue for that discussion.

While I appreciate the spirit of the document, it is not something that I believe the TC should include as part of the specification at this time.  We can discuss this further on the next TC conference call.

Have a Safe & Happy New Year, everyone!

Mark Ladd
PRIA Consultant

262-498-0850
mladd@pria.us

-----Original Message-----
From: arshad.noor@strongauth.com [mailto:arshad.noor@strongauth.com]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2008 2:30 PM
To: legalxml-enotary@lists.oasis-open.org

Thanks to Marc Aronson, this document is clearer and easier to read.  Other
inputs are welcome.

 -- Arshad Noor*

The document named ENML Security Implications v1.2
(ENML-Security-Implications-v1.2.pdf) has been submitted by Arshad Noor* to
the OASIS LegalXML eNotarization TC document repository.

Document Description:
Security implications of the eNotarization Markup Language 1.0.

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=30320

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/30320/ENML-Security-Implications-v1.2.pdf