Subject: LegalXML 2009 Budget

On yesterday’s LegalXML Steering Committee call, a request was made by the OASIS Board for additional details relating to the “promotion & outreach” line item in the 2009 budget.  Each TC is being asked to develop a budget for activities that it can undertake in 2009 to promote their standards and to recruit new members.  The SC will consider these items during the February SC call.

The line item is currently set at $20,000 total – presumably to be split somewhat equally between the two active TC’s and some overall SC activities.

So – we need some ideas.  Here are a few things that were suggested during the call:

·         Presentations regarding the standard to other organizations (in our case: NASS, NPA’s, the ABA are some possibilities)

·         Drafting a whitepaper relative to the standard and getting it published in an industry publication(s)

·         “Hiring” OASIS staff to make recruiting calls for new memberships

·         Providing technical assistance to implementers

Rolly – I’d like to ask that we include this as an agenda item on our January 20th conference call.

Thanks!

Mark Ladd

PRIA Consultant

262-498-0850