Subject: Re: [legalxml-enotary] OASIS talk at Summer NASS Meeting

Thanks, Marc.  I'll wait to hear back from you when NPA
confirms; the sooner I know the better so I can block it
out on my calendar.  I've just confirmed speaking at the
CTST (Card Technology/Security Technology) show in the
first week of May in New Orleans.

(You may want to modify the description of OASIS to say that
it is an "international (non-profit) standards development
organization (like IEEE, ANSI or the ISO)".  OASIS does not
create any technology - just standards that are implemented
by technology vendors.)

All, here's what I found out from RSA:

1) Their minimum booth size is 10x10 at a cost of $6,750;
2) They do not provide a discount to SDO's;

I don't think its worth it for a single TC to spend that kind
of money on a booth.  However, I have a suggestion that might
benefit eNotary TC, the EKMI TC and OASIS:

- In the EKMI TC, we had about $1,500 left over from the 2008
   budget; I've requested $500 from the IDtrust SC for a face-
   to-face TC meeting during RSA.  Assuming this gets approved,
   we'll have about $1K left-over;
- If EKMI TC chips-in this $1K, if eNotary TC chips-in $2K and
   perhaps, if OASIS itself puts in $4K, we could get the booth
   and promote ENML, SKSML (EKMI TC's new protocol) and general
   OASIS membership in the booth;
- We can hand out a couple of white-papers on ENML - one that
   I expect to write up for the ABA SciTech Journal, and the
   Security Implications paper - and put up a rolling ENML
   presentation (which I plan to create for our repository
   before we go out for Public Review) on a PC in the booth.
- If anyone from eNotary TC (besides myself) is attending RSA,
   they could volunteer to man the booth for a couple of hours
   to talk about ENML and eNotary TC;
- An OASIS representative (assuming someone attends) could then
   talk about general OASIS membership; and
- I will be there to talk about ENML and SKSML for at least 2
   of the 3 three days the booth is available.

Aside from a couple of laptops for the SKSML and ENML
presentations, we only need a couple of posters on ENML & SKSML
(under $100 each from Kinko's) and the OASIS banner (which they
already have).

All in all, this might give all of us some bang for part of the
buck.  If OASIS does not, or cannot, chip-in the $4K, we could
ask a few more TC's if they want to participate?  ECF?  Dee (who
is copied on the e-mail) could ask a couple of the security TC's
if they'd like to participate.  If we got 3-4 TC's, then we
could all do it for $1K-$2K each (with volunteer support from
each TC).

What do you all think?

Arshad