Subject: Interop Demo project

Coming to your TC meeting to answer further questions if useful.

Generically, our TCs conduct official demos under our Interop Demo
Policy, visible here:
http://www.oasis-open.org/who/interop_demo_policy.php

Dee Schur and Jane Harnad staff this area with tremendous expertise
and facilitative ability;  we have dozens of  successes under our belt
at OASIS.  Happy to point you to  some web-posted instances.  The main
thrusts of our policy and expectations, from my viewpoint, are that an
interop is:

-- open to all members
-- vendor neutral, and for the most part a transparent process
-- related to the published specification use in a manner that's clear
& satisfactory to the TC
-- known to staff and properly publicized (but without over-claims)
-- low cost (for access reasons) and self-funding

The IPR issue -- our right to use the test results back in the TC
under our TC Process -- is exactly why we generally only use members
as participants.  There often have been ways for members to sponsor,
facilitate or act as the implementer, for nonmembers with use cases to
bring to a plugfest.  I encourage you to talk more with Dee and Jane
or any of us about that.

Given our atypically-low-cost individual and associate membership
classes, we rarely run into actual costs issues as an obstacle.  Of
course, it's also possible for nonmembers to provide feedback and data
into the TC, via the TC's public comment channels, under the
"go-ahead-and-use-it" OASIS Feedback License that applies there.

Also worth noting:  a minimum number of users and implementers is
required, at several of the advanced stages of our TC Process, for
specifications to advance to final approval levels.  So these interops
can kill several birds with one stone, that way.

Warm regards  Jamie

~ James Bryce Clark
~ General Counsel, OASIS
~ http://www.oasis-open.org/who/staff.php#clark