legalxml-intjustice message

Subject: [legalxml-intjustice] Face-to-face meeting of the Integrated JusticeTechnical Committee, LegalXML Member Section, OASIS

Greetings,

Enclosed is a draft agenda for our face-to-face meeting, scheduled for October 29, 2002  in Sacramento, California.

 <<Agenda 102902.doc>>
Please review this draft and feel free to make recommendations for changes. We have significant ground to cover in this day long meeting, and I wanted to take a first effort at outlining a course of action. Nothing is set in stone, however, so let me know if we need to make adjustments.

The meeting will take place at this site:
Embassy Suites Hotel
100 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814-3244
(916) 326-5000
Fax (916) 326-5001

Other potential hotels you may wish to explore are:

Holiday Inn Capitol Plaza  [nice; very nearby]
300 J Street
Sacramento  95814
(916) 446-0100

Hyatt Regency Sacramento <http://sacramento.hyatt.com/>  [very nice; a few blocks away]
1209 L Street
Sacramento, California, USA. 95814
Telephone:+1 916 443 1234
Fax:+1 916 321 3099

Sheraton Grand  [very nice; a few blocks away]
1230 J Street
Sacramento  95814
(916) 447-1700

Hawthorn Suites
321 Bercut Drive
Sacramento  95814
(916) 441-1200

Courtyard by Marriott
2101 River Plaza Drive
Sacramento  95833
(916) 922-1120

Hilton Garden Inn
2540 Venture Oaks Way
Sacramento  95833
(916) 568-5400

We do not have a contract with any of the hotels, or any special rates available.

Please RSVP to confirm your attendance as soon as possible to ensure we have sufficient resources for the meeting. We expect as many as 45 people may attend, and having a correct count will greatly help. We will have a laptop computer and projector available for presentations and discussion. Please let me know any special needs you may have.

Don't hesitate to contact me, or Ms. Catherine Plummer (cathy@search.org) with any questions, concerns or for additional information.

In addition, we have begun the process of developing a website for Justice XML issues of interest to the practitioner.  Please take a look at this direct link: <http://www.search.org/xml/default.asp> .
Please note that this site is only in the formative development stage at this point. We will be working closely with the Office of Justice Programs to link to and collaborate with their very important site (http://www.it.ojp.gov) and with the OASIS site (http://www.oasis-open.org).  We would very much appreciate your comments and suggestions for improvement and look forward to discussing this site, the materials referenced, and further development during our face-to-face meeting.

I look forward to seeing you in Sacramento!

Dave

> David J. Roberts
Deputy Executive Director
SEARCH, The National Consortium