legalxml-intjustice message

Subject: FW: Revised organization of committees and operations

Per our TC Conference call, I am forwarding this update on IJIS plans for contributing to development of reference documents and reference exchanges using GJXDM.

-----Original Message-----
From: Slaski, Bob [mailto:BSlaski@atsintl.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2004 8:09 PM
To: John Ruegg

As discussed, see below.
	-----Original Message-----
	From: Paul Wormeli [mailto:paul.wormeli@ijis.org]
	Sent: Tue 11/16/2004 2:18 PM
	To: paul.wormeli@ijis.org

	To the members of the IJIS Industry Working Group:

	The  Board of Directors of the IJIS Institute has revised the committee structure of the IJIS Institute to add 3 new committees and has expanded the guidance to committees about their operations in a revised version of the committee policies and procedures which is enclosed.

	You will note that we have added 3 new committees to carry out responsibilities under our new grants.  This note is a call for volunteers to participate in these committee activities.  If you or members of your company are interested in participating in these committee activities, please respond to this message and indicate your interest and attach a brief bio.  The obligation if you are selected to serve is to attend meetings which may occur quarterly and participate in teleconferences as called by the chair of the committee, and maybe to contribute a little original work as the committee seeks to carry out its function.  Service on all committees of the IJIS Institute is voluntary and members are not compensated for their time, but are reimbursed for all travel and per diem expenses.  The three new committees are:

	1.	Prosecutor reference document exchanges.  This is a committee whose purpose is to create reference documents that can be published for describing exchanges of information that emanate from a prosecutor office but are aimed at providing information to other disciplines (courts, etc.).  We have invited NAJIS to nominate 5 members who know the business needs of prosecutors and we hope to have another 5 members of the IJIS Institute or the IWG to form the basis of this committee, and then include some of the Federal agencies and a few others.  We are looking at an early February first meeting of this committee.
	2.	DOT Public Safety Exchanges.   This committee will oversee the development of reconciliation between the DOT 1512.2 standards for incident messaging and the GJXDM to ensure interoperability between transportation agencies and first responders.  You need not be an expert in either the 1512 or GJXDM standards, but willing to learn and help frame the rules for the development of reference documents.  We will have a 15 person committee with 5 Federal agency people (DOT and DOJ), 5 practitioners from state or local transportation and public safety agencies, and we hope 5 IJIS Institute/IWG representatives.
	3.	Prescription Drug Monitoring (PMP) Committee.  This committee provides oversight and guidance to our project to help states define ways to exchange information regarding prescription drug monitoring.  Zach Zettler, COO and VP of Optimum Technology has been appointed as chairman of this committee, but there are a couple more openings if you are interested.

	Please respond to me by November 30 if you or a member of your firm might be interested in serving on any of these committees.  Call if you have questions.

	Paul Wormeli
	Executive Director
	IJIS Institute
	(703) 726-3693
	<http://www.ijis.org/> www.ijis.org

IJIS Institute committee Structure 041103.doc