legalxml-ms message

Subject: Transcripts TC membership needed

The Transcripts TC has been inactive for some time.  The Steering Committee and OASIS management are planning to close the TC unless some Legal XML Member Section members step forward with interest in developing a specification(s) for transcripts.

It would be unfortunate not to have XML standards for this important component of the justice process.  Some initial work has been done over the past several years.  However, if we have no persons interested in working actively on this task, there is no reason to keep a Technical Committee that exists in name only.

If you are interested in participating in a rejuvenated Transcripts TC, please let me know by April 1.  If we do not receive sufficient expressions of interest, we will close the TC in early April.

John M. Greacen

Greacen Associates, LLC

HCR 78, Box 23

Regina, New Mexico 87046