legalxml-ms message

Subject: Election of At-Large Member Section Steering Committee Members

Dear OASIS LegalXML Member Section:

The Rules of Procedure for the OASIS LegalXML Member Section require that there be an annual election of at-large representatives to the Steering Committee. Those persons serve on that committee along with the representatives of the Member Section's respective technical committees. The election last year was held in January. We are late in conducting the election--as Member Section Secretary, I apologize for this delay. The Member Section Steering Committee has asked me to initiate the election process now.

Accordingly, nominations for three "at large" OASIS LegalXML Member Section Steering Committee members are now open until 10:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time on Monday, May 9, 2005.

The Member Section Rules provide that the election is by "the set of all members of all OASIS LegalXML Technical Committees who are also OASIS LegalXML Member Section members (those who have requested OASIS LegalXML Member Section membership upon joining or renewing their OASIS membership) or employees of such members."

Nominations should be sent to me directly at roger.winters@metrokc.gov by 10:00 a.m. Eastern time on Monday, May 9. A KAVI vote will be taken soon thereafter. Unless there is objection, I would seek to close the KAVI vote by Friday, May 13.

NOTE: If you REPLY to this email, your nomination message will go to the entire Member Section mailing list. Upon receipt of a nomination, I will ask the person named whether she or he is agreeable to stand for election. Those who agree to be nominated will be asked to prepare a brief statement to be sent to the Member Section in advance of the balloting.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to receiving your nominations for at-large representatives to the Member Section Steering Committee.

Regards,

Roger

Roger Winters

Secretary, OASIS LegalXML Member Section Steering Committee

and

King County
Department of Judicial Administration

Programs and Projects Manager