legalxml-ms message

Subject: Re: [legalxml-ms] Groups - LegalXML Member Section Brochure (OASIS LegalXML Brochure.pdf) uploaded

Looks good - thanks to all who put that brochure
together.  One comment (if it isn't too late to modify
slightly):  At one time in the past, we'd developed a
mission statement that reflected non-legal system
users of eContracts (e.g. "businesses" and
"consumers").  Is it possible to continue to reflect
that constituency.  It only seems to come up in the
cross-over eContracts space (not in the court and
related spaces).  But many of the "users" of
eContracts will not touch the legal system in relation
to the contract at all (only a small minority will end
up so entangled).  We're about to make a push into the
business and consumer arena to seek input and support
for our upcoming eContracts spec, and I'd appreciate
it if the LegalXML overarching materials were
harmonious with our spec and our efforts with the
relevant constituencies.

Thanks much,
 - Dan G., Chair of the eContracts TC of
OASIS/LegalXML

Daniel J. Greenwood, Esq.
Lecturer, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The Media Lab for Media Arts and Science
Principal, CIVICS.com  The InfoSociety Consultancy
http://ecitizen.mit.edu & www.media.mit.edu/~dang
1770 Mass. Ave, #205, Cambridge, MA 02140  USA

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/legalxml-ms/document.php?document_id=12785

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/legalxml-ms/download.php/12785/OASIS%20LegalXML%20Brochure.pdf