lexidma-comment message

Subject: Feedback from Louis Cotgrove

This is feedback from Louis Cotgrove, cotgrove@ids-mannheim.de, a dictionary software engineer at Leibniz-Institut fÃr Deutsche Sprache in Mannheim, Germany. Louis didnât want to go through the motions of signing up for this mailing list etc. but he has given me permission to submit his feedback on his behalf and he has agreed to the OASIS Feedback License.

My initial impression is that DMLex is a very worthwhile project - it seems very computer and human-friendly and most importantly, it is digital-first, rather than print-first (like Lex-0), which makes far more sense for a field in which lexicographical resources are increasingly digitally native, and increasily more digital projects are attempting to host multiple lexical resources and feature some kind of facetted search function, e.g. Text+ or ZDL.

I have a few queries/suggestions, which hopefully can be of use for the project:

I hope this helps in some way.