lexidma-comment message

Subject: More feedback from David Lindemann

This is additional feedback from David Lindemann, david.lindemann@ehu.eus, who works on Basque dictionaries at the University of the Basque Country. David didnât want to go through the motions of signing up for this mailing list etc. but he has given me permission to submit his feedback on his behalf and he has agreed to the OASIS Feedback License.

Something strange from the Wikibase point of view is to have a âhomograph numberâ at entry level, which in fact only informs you that there are homographs (if lemmata without homographs in the lemma list donât have â1â but just no homograph number to make clear they are alone), but not how many, or which ones. I understand that this is something coming from digitized dictionaries. In Wikibase, one would instead of numbering homographs claim which ones are the homograph entries, and link them using a dedicated property, just like this is done on Wikidata.

One suggestion: Isnât skos:exactMatch better than owl:sameAs for expressing that a POS tag matches to a lexinfo or OLiA or whatever URI? owl:sameAs means that two entities are exactly the same, including all statements made about them (=including all triples with one of the two as subjects). That is not the case here, so I think skos:exactMatch is better; that just claims that two URI represent entities describing the same thing, allowing different statements for the two. I think this distinction is important for machine reasoning. For example, in Wikdiata, owl:sameAs is used for internal redirects, when a user merges items (for the machine: instead of looking at entity A, you can look at entity B, and assume that every single statement about B is true for A as well).