lexidma message

Subject: Re: [lexidma] Re: Doodle to figure out the monthly working meeting slot

Hi all,
we still don't have a slot that works for everyone but we have a few that work for 9 out of 10.

Mondays (3rd each month) 1400 UTC seems to work best for most. I talked with Jon Mc Rae who has a biweekly call conflicting with this time, so John will be able to make some of our monthly call but will have to skip some from time to time..

Now, the first working meeting should have been scheduled for today. However, it took somewhat longer to choose the slot and also we haven't received so far any technical contributions to this working list.

Therefore, I will schedule the first working meeting for 17th February (3rd Monday in February) on 1400 UTC.ÂÂ

I encourage everyone to send in their technical contributions by early February. OASIS Admin has created the template for our DMLex deliverable. I will post agenda for the meeting to be held on 17th February by 10th February, including all technical contributions received by then.

One administrative issue to consider is what editable format we aim to use for editing the Working Draft.
The options are Word, Open Office, or DocBook. In my experience DocBook is best for collaborative authoring on our GitHub repoÂhttps://github.com/oasis-tcs/lexidmaÂaltbeit it adds some technical complexity to the editing and publishingÂprocess.

Another consideration I want to add to our February agenda is formation of liaisonsÂthat we mention in our charter, importantly ISO TC 37 especiallyÂSC 4, Ontolex-Lemon (W3C CG), Tei Lex-0 community etc. Please send in your nominations for these and other liaisons or be prepared to volunteer as a liaison representative in the meeting.Â

Happy new year to all and talk in February
dF

Dr. David Filip
Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC 1/AG 3 Open Source Software, Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 42/WG 3 Trustworthiness of AI | National mirror chair, NSAI TC 02/SC 18 AI | Head of the Irish national delegation, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 42 AI | Chair & Editor, OASIS XLIFF OMOS TCÂ | Secretary & Lead Editor, OASIS XLIFF TC | NSAI expert to ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 38 Cloud Computing, ISO TC 37/SC 3 Terminology management, SC 4 Language resources, SC 5 Language technology | GALA TAPICC Steering Committee Member
Spokes Research Fellow
ADAPT Centre
KDEG, Trinity College Dublin
Mobile: +420-777-218-122