materials message

Subject: MatML TC Meeting Minutes, June 6, 2006

Materials Markup Language Technical Committee Meeting Minutes

Telecon June 6, 2006 10:00 am PDT/13:00 EDT/18:00 UK

Attending: David Celznick, ASM (voting member); Sally Fahrenholz-Mann,
ASM (chair); Craig Seymour, Granta Design (voting member); James
Pillars, Boeing (voting member); Brett Johanson, Boeing (voting member);
David Goodall, Rolls-Royce, plc (member)

Note: All voting members of the TC attended this telecon meeting.

1. Review of TC membership
We have gained three new members: David Celznick and Fran Cverna, ASM
International; and David Goodall, Rolls-Royce.

2. Sally reviewed the steps in the standardization process.

3. Craig Seymour moved to submit the Committee Draft for public review
and Brett Johanson seconded the motion.

4. The motion was passed unanimously.

5. Sally will write meeting minutes and work with OASIS to get the spec
out for public review.

6. Members agreed that we will continue further meetings as needed, to
address comments from the public review. We agreed to try to hold
meetings at 9 or 9:30 PDT so that meeting time is not too late in the
day for our UK members, who are 8 hours ahead of the US pacific coast
members.

7. The meeting was adjourned at 10:25 PDT/13:25 EDT/18:25 UK time.

Respectfully submitted,
Sally Fahrenholz-Mann
Materials Markup Language TC Chair

Nano Medicine Summit coming to Cleveland
The Cleveland Clinic, ASM International and the Nano-Network will host the Materials, Medicine, and Nanotechnology Summit, October 2-5, 2006. The event is comprised of the biennial Cleveland Clinic NanoMedicine Summit and ASM's annual Materials & Processes for Medical Devices (MPMD) Conference and Exposition. For details, visit: www.nanomedicinesummit.org.

MS&T 2006 your single event for materials technologies
It's the most comprehensive forum for materials science and engineering technologies -- and it's coming to Cincinnati, October 15-19. MS&T crosses the boundaries of most materials events by bringing together the strengths of four major materials organizations: ASM International, ACerS (The American Ceramic Society), AIST (Association for Iron & Steel Technology), and TMS (The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society). For details, visit: www.matscitech.org.