math-optimize-discuss message

Subject: Denver INFORMS Meeting

Dear Colleagues:

There are two sessions (SA16 and SB16) on the topic of XML and modeling
on Sunday
morning, October 24, at the Denver INFORMS. The second session SB16,
"XML and Web Services in Optimization," is from 10:00 - 11:30 AM.
The first afternoon session is not until 1:30 PM. For those
interested, I suggest we meet immediately after (at 11:30 AM) the
"XML and Web Services in Optimization," in the same session room
and discuss the issue of establishing an XML standard for
representing linear programming instances. Ideally, I would like
to draft a proposal for an OASIS Technical Committee.

Thank you,
--
Kipp Martin
Professor of Operations Research