The OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC members  have approved submitting the following Candidate OASIS Standard to the OASIS membership to a membership vote for OASIS Standard:
Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) Version 1.3
Candidate OASIS Standard 02
25 November 2015
This is a call to the primary or alternate representatives of OASIS Organizational Members to vote. This Committee Specification was approved by the Technical Committee and was submitted for the required 60-day public review . All requirements of the OASIS TC Process having been met , the Candidate OASIS Standard is now submitted to the voting representatives of OASIS organizational members.
-- Voting Details --
The ballot opens at 12:00 am UTC on 04 December 2015 and closes at 11:59 pm UTC 17 December 2015. You can access the ballot to cast your vote at:
The minimum number of affirmative votes required to approve this ballot is 45 (15% of OASIS organizational members).
Each OASIS organizational member has one vote. OASIS members should ensure that their organization's voting representative votes according to the organization's wishes. If you do not know the name of your organization's voting representative is, go to the My Account page at
then click the link for your Company (at the top of the page) and review the list of users for the name designated as "Primary".
-- Information about the Candidate OASIS Standard and the DITA TC --
The purpose of the OASIS DITA Technical Committee (TC) is to define and maintain the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) and to promote the use of the architecture for creating standard information types and domain-specific markup vocabularies.
The Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) v1.3 specification defines both a) a set of document types for authoring and organizing topic-oriented information; and b) a set of mechanisms for combining, extending, and constraining document types.
This release of DITA comes in three parts called Editions, optimized for different audiences:
- The Base Edition is designed for application developers and users who need only the most fundamental pieces of the DITA framework.
- The Technical Content Edition includes specializations usually used by technical communicators.
- The All Inclusive Edition is the largest edition. It is designed for implementers who want all OASIS-approved specializations, as well as users who develop learning and training materials.
13 Statements of Use were received from Comtech Services, Inc., Contrext LLC, DITA For Small Teams GitHub Organization, DITA Open Toolkit, DITA Strategies, Inc., Eberlein Consulting LLC, IXIASOFT, JustSystems Canada, Inc., Kaplan Professional Education, PTC, Syncro Soft SRL, Titania Software, and Virginia Tech. .
The prose specification document and related files are available here:
- Part 0: Overview
- Part 1: Base Edition
- Part 2: Technical Content Edition
- Part 3: All-Inclusive Edition
Distribution ZIP file
For your convenience, OASIS provides a complete package of the prose specification and related files in a ZIP distribution file. You can download the ZIP file here:
-- Additional information --
 OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
 Special Majority Votes:
- Ballot to approve submitted Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) Version 1.3, Committee Specification 01 as a Candidate OASIS Standard, closed 03 September 2015:
- Ballot to approve Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) V1.3 Candidate OASIS Standard 02 and submitting to OASIS membership for approval, closed 25 November 2015:
 Statements of Use:
1. Comtech Services, Inc.:
2. Contrext LLC:
3. DITA For Small Teams GitHub Organization:
4. DITA Open Toolkit:
5. DITA Strategies, Inc.:
6. Eberlein Consulting LLC:
8. JustSystems Canada, Inc.:
9. Kaplan Professional Education:
11. Syncro Soft SRL:
12. Titania Software:
13. Virginia Tech:
Director of Standards Development and TC Administration
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information societyhttp://www.oasis-open.org
Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393