mqtt-comment message

Subject: Re: [mqtt-comment] Handling version 3.x clients

Thanks for this comments. I have created issue MQTT-502 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/MQTT-502 for this issue. All issues raised during the public review will be recorded in the TC issue database and reported with resolution after the end of the review period.

What to say about servers and client supporting multiple versions of MQTT was discussed at some length by the TC, and is the subject of MQTT-291 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/MQTT-291 . In the end the decision was to say that this spec defines how to handle MQTTv5.0 and we have attempted to make it possible (or even not hard) to support multiple versions of MQTT with the same code. We decided not to define how a client or server defines such multiple version support.

Ken Borgendale -- kwb@us.ibm.com