oasis-board-comment message

Subject: Re: [oasis-board-comment] Fwd: [emergency] Objections to DHS-Dictated Material in the IPAWS Profile Draft

On 17 Feb 2009, at 10:29, Eduardo Gutentag wrote:

> And while we may be prevented from showing you the contract
> to prove how innocent it is, the fact that it can be accessed through
> the Freedom of Information Act provides a level of transparency that,
> to me, is just about enough to ensure that no mantle of conspiracy
> can be
> attached to it.

So, OASIS is "transparent" by relying on the US Freedom of Information
Act?  Wow!

I think OASIS lacks a "Conflict of Interest" policy. W3C has a good
one [1].

> Other TCs have email participation and voting, thus
> having freed themselves from the tyranny of the clock.

This is an old issue from 2005/6 - and for the record - the EM TC did
not allow any votes from members who missed 2 or more TC
Teleconferences (at 3AM). The fact that you were on weekly SC
teleconferences at 7AM (and editing the spec) made no difference. So,
TCs may "have a lot of freedom" but not in this case.

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
NICTA

[1] <http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies.html#coi>