oasis-charter-discuss message

Subject: RE: [oasis-charter-discuss] Re: Proposed Charter for OASIS SET TC

Carl & David,

Interesting and thanks for the fast turnaround.  I'll pass this on to
the XDI TC members and we'll look for areas where XDI can compliment SET
use, and vice versa. As for SDO, I am personally working on a Data
Access Service (DAS) implementation that connects to an XDI store and
will let you know as soon as I'm ready to release it (will be under an
Open Source license).

Thanks,
Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: carl mattocks [mailto:carlmattocks@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 1:12 PM
To: David RR Webber (XML)
Cc: Barnhill, William CTR USAF AFMC AFRL/RIGA; Barnhill,William [USA];
oasis-charter-discuss@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [oasis-charter-discuss] Re: Proposed Charter for OASIS SET
TC

I agree they are different yet complementary . As in-

XDI is focused on metadata that specifies
*	Defining bindings of this abstract API to concrete transport
protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, SIP, and XMPP, and to invocation protocols
such as SOAP, REST, and RMI.
*	Defining the semantics of XDI dictionaries - self-describing
ontologies for use in XDI data sharing.
*	Defining the semantics of XDI link contracts - XDI documents
used to govern the terms of XDI data sharing relationships.

Whereas :
SET is focused on metadata for artifacts that support use of data being
shared

SET UBL / CCTS Ontology is for data content within that domain

As an aside - I am quite interested to know where XDI dovetails with the
work of the SDO TC

cheers
carl