Subject: RE: Groups - oasis - Ballot "Approve oBIX v1.0 as a Committee Specification" has closed

Hi Paul (and TC members)

  Congratulations on achieving OASIS Committee Specification status. The next
immediate step to be taken is to update the specification document to note the
new status (Committee Specification) and the new approval date (5 December 2006)
on both the cover page and running footers. Also, please make sure to update the
OASIS logo. (docs.oasis-open.org/templates)

A CS (Committee Specification) is *not* an OASIS Standard; in order to achieve
OASIS Standard status a formal submission must be made that has several
requirements, including at least 3 organizational member certifications of use,
and must be approved by at least 15% of OASIS membership.

If the TC feels that they are ready to take this next step, I can set up a
ballot to authorize the chair to submit the specification for OASIS Standard
vote. The formal submission is detailed in the OASIS TC Process at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#3.4.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
Manager of TC Administration, OASIS
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
web: www.oasis-open.org
phone: 603.232.9090

OASIS Symposium:
"eBusiness and Open Standards:
Understanding the Facts, Fiction, and Future"
15-18 April 2007 San Diego, CA USA
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium/