Subject: 2014 National Institute of Building Sciences Facility Maintenance and Operations Symposium (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: FOUO

This weekend I am working on a presentation for the 2014 National Institute of Building Sciences Facility Maintenance and Operations Symposium (http://www.nibs.org/news/news.asp?id=148417).  This Symposium is on Jan. 7 in Washington, DC and will have roughly 300-500 attendees from government, industry, and academia.  There are other BIM/Facility Maintenance/CAD/Architecture symposiums and panels taking place at the same event.

I am scheduled to talk about sensor data information exchanges and how they support O&M strategies.  This will be a good opportunity to generate some interest in the work of our TC.  My primary focus will be on the work I have done on the BIM side of the issue, but oBIX will also play a role in my presentation.

Specifically, with regards to oBIX, I plan to:

1)      Illustrate a smart resource utilization architecture that includes oBIX as the common endpoint for sensor TCP/IP and various BIM information exchange standards

2)      Briefly discuss the upcoming public review of v1.1 and plans for 2.0

If anyone would like to request or suggest additional talking points or approaches please reply to the group list.

Regards

Chris Bogen, Ph.D.

Computer Scientist

US Army Corps of Engineers