odata-comment message

Subject: RE: Odata Version 4.01: Contradictory/Unclear definition for Precision of DateTimeOffsets

Thank you for reporting this issue, I've created https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/ODATA-1478 to track and resolve this.

Please note: the csprd01 document you reference below is outdated, its successor document is https://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata-csdl-xml/v4.01/odata-csdl-xml-v4.01.html.

-----Original Message-----
From: odata-comment@lists.oasis-open.org <odata-comment@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of Jonas Feigl
Sent: Friday, 1 October 2021 11:13
To: odata-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

For Precision of DateTimeOffsets it states "If no value is specified, the temporal property has a precision of zero." Here: http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata/v4.01/csprd01/part3-csdl/odata-v4.01-csprd01-part3-csdl.html#_Toc469935984

At the same time it states "Absence of $Precision means arbitrary precision." here: http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata-csdl-json/v4.01/odata-csdl-json-v4.01.html#_Toc38466418

These two statements contradict each other. I assume that the 2nd statement only applies to numeric values. If so this needs to be clarified in the specification.
Confidentiality notice and disclaimer
This e-mail is private and may contain confidential information. You must not use, disclose, or retain any of its content if you have received it in error: please notify its sender and then delete it. Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are strictly those of its author. We do not accept liability for the consequences of any data corruption, interception, tampering, or virus.

--

This publicly archived list offers a means to provide input to the

OASIS Open Data Protocol (OData) TC.

In order to verify user consent to the Feedback License terms and

to minimize spam in the list archive, subscription is required

before posting.

Subscribe: odata-comment-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org