odata-comment message

Subject: RE: [odata-comment] ABNF 4.01 bug?

Olivier,

Spaces arenât allowed in URLs at all.

A browser will typically percent-encode them (if typed in address bar) as %20.

pchar-no-SQUOTE       = unreserved / pct-encoded-no-SQUOTE / other-delims / "$" / "&" / "=" / ":" / "@"

This only allows spaces from pct-encoded-no-SQUOTE, so space must be encoded as %20.

From: odata-comment@lists.oasis-open.org <odata-comment@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of Olivier Trempe
Sent: Friday, 19 November 2021 9:59 am
To: odata-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [odata-comment] ABNF 4.01 bug?

Hi,

Looking at the ABNF construction rules, I did not find the rule allowing the following construct:

$filter=contains(propertyName, 'A substring with spaces')

where the substring may contain spaces.

The closer I found is this track starting from the contains method rule

containsMethodCallExpr -> commonExpr -> primitiveLiteral -> string
But the string doesn't allow for a space character:
string = SQUOTE *( SQUOTE-in-string / pchar-no-SQUOTE ) SQUOTE

Am I missing something? If so, could you point me to the construction rule allowing spaces in the contains' substring.
Thanks,
Olivier Trempe