Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] OpenDocument XML.org: spam prevention and blogaggregation

Carol Geyer wrote:
> Quick progress report:
>
> 1.  Neil is currently installing the Drupal spam module on OpenDocument
> XML.org. It:
>
> * automatically unpublishes posts containing too many URIs. (We've set this for
> 6, but can change it.)
>
> * automatically unpublishes posts containing too many of the same URI. (We've
> set this for 3, but can change it.)
>
> * automatically unpublishes duplicate content (the same content posted more
> than twice to the site).
>
> * automatically blocks users who post two instances of identified spam.
>
> * allows users to mark content as spam (through a link at the bottom of the
> page).
>
> * notifies users when their content has been identified as spam (so they can
> appeal if there's a mistake).
>
> * notifies site admins of identified spam and provides an easy interface for
> restoring. Content identified as spam that isn't restored within two weeks is
> automatically deleted.

These are great improvements!

> 2. Neil has also experimented with aggregating external blog posts at
> http://opendocument.xml.org/remote-blogs. Using the list of bloggers provided
> by the Committee, he's configured the system to publish teasers and links to
> posts that contain "OpenDocument" or "ODF". Please take a look and send your
> comments to the list.

Wow! Looks great to me!

I guess, the product names of the different ODF implementations should be
added to the keyword list as well because reports about large OpenOffice.org
deployments or new releases of KOffice are relevant to the larger ODF
community as well, even if the blog entries don't mention ODF or OpenDocument
explicitly.

Best regards,
Erwin