Subject: RE: [odf-adoption] Interoperability Forum on OpenDocument XML.org

Got it, thanks. I'm not trying to sell you on a Forum for this use case--really
I'm not--but just as an FYI,

1) Our forum posts allow attachments.
2) An RSS feed is provided for each forum.

--carol

-----Original Message-----
From: robert_weir@us.ibm.com [mailto:robert_weir@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 5:51 PM
To: Carol Geyer

Hi Carol,

1) Allows attachments.
2) Can be read on my cellphone easily.
3) People live in their email clients.
4). Can search and sort according to the capabilities of my email client.
5) People prefer to use their familiar email clients as editors for writing
anything more than a trivial posting.
6) Easier to forward to and from email.

If something doesn't end up in my inbox or in my RSS reader I don't see it.  I
assume that is similar for others.

So the proposal is to have an odf-interop like OASIS does *-dev and *-user
lists.

The forums, in my mind at least, serve a different purpose.  They are quick to
join and to post a quick question without worrying about getting a bunch of
unrelated traffic.

-Rob

___________________________

Rob Weir
Software Architect
IBM Software Group

email: robert_weir@us.ibm.com
phone: 1-978-399-7122
blog: http://www.robweir.com/blog/ <http://www.robweir.com/blog/>

"Carol Geyer" <carol.geyer@oasis-open.org>

10/09/2007 03:49 PM To
<robert_weir@us.ibm.com>
cc
Subject
RE: [odf-adoption] Interoperability Forum on OpenDocument XML.org

Rob,
Can you help me understand what advantages a mail list would have over a Forum?

Thanks,
Carol