Subject: Questions for Interoperability Panel

Please suggest questions for the panel by responding to this email or to
me directly.

(Note emails to the ODF Adoption TC list will bounce unless you are a TC
member.)

Some possible questions include:

Historically interoperability among word processors has been poor.  Every
word processor had its own file format and sharing documents was painful
and resulted in loss of fidelity.  How does the use of ODF change this?
We are starting to see now multi-platform word processors, where the same
application can run on Windows, Linux and the Mac.  What are the
challenges of making documents interoperable across operating system
platforms?
PDF already gives perfect fidelity.  Why do we need ODF as well?
I heard that there is a new activity in OASIS related to interoperability.
 Can you tell me more about this?
How can I help improve ODF interoperability?
What is interoperability?
What about interoperability over long time frames, for archiving purposes?
 How does ODF handle this?
What about OOXML?  How does that fit into the interoperability equation?
What can users and deployers of OpenOffice do to increase the
interoperability benefits of ODF in their organization?

Please suggest more questions!

I'd like to have 20 good questions that we can dip into, if needed, in
Beijing.

Thanks,

-Rob