Subject: Draft Minutes: TC Coordination Call - November 17, 2009

Please find and review the draft minutes of the November 17, 2009 TC meeting below.

1.) Logistics

 - Roll call
Charles Schulz                  Ars Aperta*
Bart Hanssens                 Fedict
Donald Harbison         IBM

 - Determination of quorum status
A quorum was not achieved.

 - Review, amend/approve the minutes from our October 20, 2009 TC call:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/odf-adoption/email/archives/200911/msg00000.html

The minutes were not approved due to lack of quorum.

- Acceptance of today's agenda

2.) ODF 1.2 -- deliverables in support; current status; update workplan

* The attendees discussed Bart's Digital Signature paper.
* Bart to post a link to his blob post ( http://www.osor.eu/communities/openoffice-in-public-authorities/blog/second-odf-plugfest ) on http://opendocument.xml.org

3) Outlining the ODF Adoption TC 2010 Workplan

* We agreed to draft of a 'State of the Union' short paper to describe the projects under development at the ODF Toolkit Union, and to raise awareness of the Union itself.
* Bart is seeking approval for a 'devroom' at FOSDEM. If successful, the developer focus on ODF will need to be only from open source offerings, therefore it will not be an ODF Plug-fest like The Hague or Orvieto. KOffice, ODF Toolkit members would be able to meet and hack. Bart considering a focus on multiple libraries.
* Suggestion to use ODFDOM for creating specific test documents.
* Bart proposed that a good specific use case would be testing on document signing., or similar specific use cases.
* We need to plan interop testing focus on Open Formula; start by defining use cases.
* We need to support the ODF Plug-fest work through education and program support. For example, help figure out how to enable a virtual plug-fest process so that work doesn't stop until the next face-to-face plug-fest can be arranged.

Charles raised the need to bring all ODF development projects under one roof at the ODF Toolkit Union (code work) and have the ODF Adoption TC provide leadership for building awareness and consideration of these projects in 2010. He encouraged the TC to 'think in a market fashion' -- attracting and steering initiatives of ODF implementations for PHP, for example.

Bart mentioned that Belgium government uses Drupal (developed with PHP) - with a PHP library for exporting ODF. We discussed Wikipedia's support of ODF export, in its Book Creator tool.

The TC discussed a number of use cases for illustrating the business value of ODF; e.g. publishing log reports of server applications in ODF.
4.) Review, TC Action Item plan: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/odf-adoption/OdfAdoptionTcActionItems - All

5.) ODF News / Round Table  -- All

Respectfully submitted,

/don