Subject: Proposal. mediaObject

Re media object instead of simple 'image'.

Proposal.

Background.
Docbook
http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/mediaobject.html provides a clear syntax.

Basic idea is that a 'mediaobject' wrapper is used for any content not in text.
Within that wrapper, any number of alternatives may be included, for
accessibility.
E.g.

mediaobject
  videoobject
  audioobject
  imageobject
  textobject

This allows a piece of information to be accessed using whatever
channels are available
to them, or to suite their own choice. The classic use is the
provision of a text alternative
to an image in html.

If the request for an editor can be resolved using XML - preferably docbook
(an Oasis standard :-) and the input media is convertible, then please
consider me
available, workload permitting.
   I will need the eyes of the team to check what I do though.

HTH

DaveP.

--
Dave Pawson